Join us for our entry-level, hands-on maintenance class that will teach you how to fix flat tires and perform routine maintenance procedures to keep your bike’s parts in top shape! The skills you learn in the 2-hour class will help you:
- Fix a flat tire via tube replacement or patching, along with learning the tools you need to fix a flat on the road (and avoid getting stranded!).
- Clean and lubricate your drivetrain to extend its life
- Know which key areas to periodically check on your bicycle to catch potential problems before they leave you stranded.
No experience is necessary. If you have your own bicycle we encourage you to bring it, but you may also use one of our shop bikes.
Class location and date:
Sac Bike Kitchen
Monday, 2/17/2020, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Cost to Attend:
FREE (excluding parts if applicable)
Other things to know:
- The purpose of all SBK classes is to *teach* you how to perform bicycle repairs. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any damage your bicycle may incur during the class nor can we guarantee that you will have a functioning bicycle at the end of the class, especially if your bicycle was not functioning properly prior to the class.
- We have experience working with a variety of bicycles, but not all of them! If you surprise us with some exotic machine we’ve never seen before we’ll be happy to take a look at it and may even want to take some pictures, but we can’t guarantee we’ll know what’s best for it mechanically.
Great! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org