UPDATE: This class was canceled due to the current shop closure and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Join us for our hands-on maintenance class that will teach you how to adjust your bike’s gear shifting system to improve shifting reliability and diagnose common problems like chain skipping. The skills you learn in the 2-hour class will help you:
- Learn key steps to adjust your rear derailleur*
- Check how worn your chain is and how to replace it if needed
- Diagnose common issues that relate to sluggish shifting, chain skipping, and rubbing noises coming from the drive train.
If you have your own bicycle we encourage you to bring it, but we will provide shop bikes for students to practice repairs on.
Class location and date:
Sac Bike Kitchen
Monday, 3/23/2020, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Cost to Attend:
FREE (excluding parts if applicable)
Other things to know:
- The purpose of all SBK classes is to *teach* you how to perform bicycle repairs. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any damage your bicycle may incur during the class nor can we guarantee that you will have a functioning bicycle at the end of the class, especially if your bicycle was not functioning properly prior to the class.
- We have experience working with a variety of bicycles, but not all of them! If you surprise us with some exotic machine we’ve never seen before we’ll be happy to take a look at it and may even want to take some pictures, but we can’t guarantee we’ll know what’s best for it mechanically.
- *Front derailleur adjustment will happen in a future class, likely in April. Stay tuned for more information!
Great! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org