UPDATE: This class is now full but you can still RSVP for the wait list.
NEWLY SCHEDULED CLASS ALERT!
Join us for our hands-on brake maintenance class that will teach you how to perform common repairs and adjustments for rim brakes, including:
- Installing brake cables
- Adjusting brake pads and cable tension to help you stop safely and effectively
- Diagnosing common annoyances with brakes like squeaking and rubbing
Participants should be familiar with basic maintenance, like fixing a flat tire, using a wrench/screwdriver, etc.
While the class will use shop bikes for demonstrations and practice, we recommend you bring your bicycle if you have one. Brake systems vary from bike to bike and we’d like you to learn how to fix the brakes on *your* bike.
Class location and date:
Sac Bike Kitchen
Monday, 11/18/2019, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Cost to Attend:
FREE (excluding parts if applicable)
Other things to know:
- The purpose of all SBK classes is to *teach* you how to perform bicycle repairs. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any damage your bicycle may incur during the class nor can we guarantee that you will have a functioning bicycle at the end of the class, especially if your bicycle was not functioning properly prior to the class.
- This class’s focus is for braking systems. If your bicycle has an issue that is not brake-related (e.g. trouble shifting, bent wheel, etc.), please either bring it in during normal shop hours or when we hold a class that covers that issue.
- We have limited experience working with disc brakes and coaster brakes (the kind where you pedal backwards to stop). We will be happy to take a look and apply what knowledge we have, but may not be able to answer all questions you may have about them.
Great! Please RSVP to email@example.com