SBK will be closed Saturday, December 14th through Monday, January 6th for our annual winter closure. During this time, we will be working behind the scenes to clean, organize, decorate, and generally improve the shop and shop operations. The shop will reopen to the public on Tuesday, January 7th at 6pm.
Happy Holidays and a Joyful New Year from our SBK family to yours!
Happy Cranksgiving! SBK will be closed Thursday, November 28th through Saturday, November 30th due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Regular shop hours will resume Tuesday, December 3rd at 6pm.
If you want to hang out with us on Thursday, feel free to stop by our tent at the 32nd Annual Appetite Enhancement Ride!
UPDATE: This class is now full but you can still RSVP for the wait list.
NEWLY SCHEDULED CLASS ALERT!
Join us for our hands-on brake maintenance class that will teach you how to perform common repairs and adjustments for rim brakes, including:
- Installing brake cables
- Adjusting brake pads and cable tension to help you stop safely and effectively
- Diagnosing common annoyances with brakes like squeaking and rubbing
Participants should be familiar with basic maintenance, like fixing a flat tire, using a wrench/screwdriver, etc.
While the class will use shop bikes for demonstrations and practice, we recommend you bring your bicycle if you have one. Brake systems vary from bike to bike and we’d like you to learn how to fix the brakes on *your* bike.
Class location and date:
Sac Bike Kitchen
Monday, 11/18/2019, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Cost to Attend:
FREE (excluding parts if applicable)
Other things to know:
- The purpose of all SBK classes is to *teach* you how to perform bicycle repairs. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any damage your bicycle may incur during the class nor can we guarantee that you will have a functioning bicycle at the end of the class, especially if your bicycle was not functioning properly prior to the class.
- This class’s focus is for braking systems. If your bicycle has an issue that is not brake-related (e.g. trouble shifting, bent wheel, etc.), please either bring it in during normal shop hours or when we hold a class that covers that issue.
- We have limited experience working with disc brakes and coaster brakes (the kind where you pedal backwards to stop). We will be happy to take a look and apply what knowledge we have, but may not be able to answer all questions you may have about them.
Great! Please RSVP to email@example.com
SBK will be closed Thursday, October 10th, for our monthly volunteer appreciation staff ride.
Regular shop hours will resume Friday, October 11th, at 10am.
SBK will be closed Wednesday, September 18th, for our monthly volunteer appreciation staff ride.
Regular shop hours will resume Thursday, September 19th, at 6pm.