If you’ve got an idea for a killer event and you want to partner with SBK on it, or if you just want to look into using SBK as a venue for your awesome pro-bicycle event, give us a buzz at eve…@sacbikekitchen.org.
We don’t have any forms or checklists for you to submit (we’re hardly that formal), but the more information you can give us about your plans, the quicker we can help you bring those plans to life. Let us know who you are and how to get a hold of you, how your event is bike related (if at all), and when you’d like to hold your event (and please check out our current calendar before you ask). Even if we can’t help you, we might know someone who can.
Help with your event
As a non-profit group strongly focused on community service, we often receive requests for support from individuals or community groups with interesting ideas or projects to serve the bicycling community. In order to give these requests a fair consideration and decide what assistance we can provide while continuing to serve our Mission and our patrons, please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A brief description of you or your Organization. Helpful details include your mission statement, the relevance of your mission to bicycles and transportation, your non-profit status (if applicable), and information about the type of work/services you already provide.
- The type of support you are requesting of SBK. Examples include:
– Use of our shop space
– Volunteer recruitment for an off-site event (such as tabling a booth or working as support staff)
– Provide bicycle repair, maintenance, race, or ride support at an off-site event
– Provide in-kind donations (such as bicycles, parts, or surplus tools)
– Event publicity and advertising
- A detailed picture of what SBK’s involvement would be for your proposed event or activity. If possible, include the following information:
- The purpose of the event or activity (Outreach, fundraising, recruitment, etc.)
- The number of expected attendees
- The nature of work expected of SBK volunteers
- Whether you plan to invite newspaper, internet or broadcast media
- Whether you plan to serve alcoholic beverages
- Whether you be required by the city to provide portable restrooms or security guards
- The proposed date and time of event, particularly if you are requesting to use our space
- A brief description of how you intend to advertise this event. A flyer or a copy of a letter or email you plan to distribute would work well for this.
The more information you provide, the easier it will be for we here at SBK to determine if we’re a good fit for your plans or if another organization might be better able to help you. The more information you provide, the more easily we might be able to negotiate any details so that everyone wins.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with SBK!